Monday, September 22, 2008

My management Problem

Main management problem that I'm having is time management. The courses I'm taking this semester requires me to put more time into studying rather than socializing compare to other semesters. It is not just the studying that takes time away from me, it is also the readings that comes with the classes. Most of them require reading at least two newspapers and watching financial news all the time and get my informations up to date.This already caused me to bail out on my friends several times this month. I am worried about distancing myself from my friends due to these choices I made. Sacrificing one over the other was due to my failure to manage my time right never happened until now.

2 comments:

Naked I blog said...

I have experienced the same issue and have found that if you make your friends aware of your goals they will understand and respect you for your sincerity. Also, I’ve found it helpful in letting your friends know that you value their friendship and that you will catch up with them after the semester is over. When the semester is over all of you will have lots to discuss. If you are able, you may want to consider scheduling lunches with friends and everyone looks forward to the meeting. You will always have to make sacrifices in life but true friends always understand and are supportive of your endeavors.

Josh said...

There is time for fun and there's time for work...You need to manage your work time in such a way where you will still have the time you want to socialize. Yes, you may have to make sacrifices - you may miss that party because of your midterm the next day, but you can make that time to have fun. If you know that you have a paper due in two days and a party the night before, you can do that paper TODAY. If socializing means so much to you, you can fit it in your schedule by prioritizing the work and getting it done sooner and more efficiently.